I just been to a conference for 2.5 days and managed to stick to my Dukan Diet and lost almost a pound! If you travel to conferences and meetings for work, you know how hard it is to stick to any diet during the time. You get offered free food, desserts, cakes, drinks, snacks... You name it! I normally put on weight during meetings, but not this time!
Here is what I did and some things I did not do, but will certainly do next time!
1) Breakfast is your best friend! Almost all breakfast menus have eggs, ham, bacon and yogurt. There you have it, your perfect Dukan. Eat a lot as the rest of the day will be hard. Eat the plain yogurt and if you can, take 2 or 3 with you, so you can have them as snacks when hunger strikes during the rest of the day. We got served McDonalds, I ate the meat and egg and left the bread.
2) If you are on the cruise phase like me, do protein-vegetable days during the whole time you are away! Your weight lost will be slower, but you will be able to eat more during the day and not be hungry, so you have less temptation to give it up all together. When you return home, compensate with as many days of protein only.
3) Drink a lot! Water and diet soft drinks that is! I kept drinking them and the occasional latte with skimmed milk to keep me going.
4) Exercise as much as you can! Use the gym at your hotel, and if the is no gym, go for a walk. Remember only 20 to 30 minutes is what you need.
5) If you feel like giving in, eat a bite of whatever is tempting you, and one bite only! That way you get the taste and can move on. Remember to put that food away as soon as you take the bite! Do a few more minutes walking!
6) Write to some friends for support! I kept putting small updates on my fb page and my friends kept encouraging me to be strong! It helped a lot!
I hope you find this useful!
Here are some photos of my plates during the conference. These are the things I did not eat! it took a lot of self control to leave them like that. I never thought I could do it! But I did.