Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oat Bran Pancakes Recipe: Dukan Diet - All phases



This is one of the most basic recipes of the Dukan Diet. During all stages of the diet you are allowed to eat oat brand once a day. During the attack phase you are allowed 1.5 tbsp and during the cruise phase you are allowed 2 tbsp. This recipe can be done with either amount of oat bran and be OK.

Ingredients:

1.5 or 2 tbsp of Oat Bran (depending on which phase you are on)
2 tbsp of greek yogurt
1 egg (or the equivalent in egg whites)
sweetener to taste (optional - I do not use it - I like my pancakes savory)



Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form the dough - it will be as thick as normal pancake dough.






Spread some PAM on a pan and clean it gently with a paper towel. Put half the batter in the pan and let it cook for about a minute or so or until lightly brown.




Turn it over and cook for about half a minute on the other side. You are done!



I make pancakes almost every weekend for the kids, so I am please that I can still enjoy the pancakes with them. I always have my pancakes with ham and cheese, so I am still doing that - I used a 2% milk based cheese and some fat free cream cheese.

Now to manage your expectations, the pancakes are a little more coarse than regular pancakes, but they are OK, and do not forget, they allow you to still have pancakes while sticking to your diet!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karina Fernández said...

I've never tried pancakes made of Oat Bran but I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.

mcylk said...

I've substituted fat-free cottage cheese for the yogurt and it was delicious. It also needs just a small pinch of salt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...