For General well being:
- Just before midnight, arrange little bunches of 12 grapes for everyone in your party. When midnight comes, eat one grape with each of the 12 bells of New Year.
- Drink and toast with a glass of champagne
- Wear yellow underwear on New Year's eve. You also have to wear them inside out!
- Eat Lentils as part of your New Year's eve Dinner. The more lentils the better. For recipe click here.
- Wear a new dress and jewelry - real one, not fantasy.
- Have money in your hands before midnight so when the New Year arrives you have plenty of money on you - get different currencies from different countries - it is all good and welcome!
- Have your suitcases ready! and at midnight, after you do the grapes, take your suitcases and go out the front door with them!. Some people even walk about the block with the suitcases!
|My uncle and Auntie going out with suitcases on New Year's eve Circa. 1995|
I love doing these things, they are fun and festive and remind me of home! May the New Year bring you all the best, health and wealth of love, fun and all you desire!!
What traditions do you have?